MedTIS road operators are able to better interconnect themselves and aggregate data thanks to standardised exchanges to deliver coordinated Traffic Management Services. A special emphasis is put on identified TEN-T bottlenecks as well as on cross-border areas, thus delivering enhanced levels of services towards European road users.
MedTIS deployment activity covers the functional chain of road traffic management and thus focuses on:
- Upgrading data collection: real-time data, on road sensors, Floating Car Data, video monitoring, traffic monitoring
- Upgrading data transmission: communication networks
- Upgrading data consolidation: operating systems and datasets
- Upgrading Traffic Management Centres: calculation, processing, prediction, real-time decision support tools, broadcast, enforcement of Traffic Management Plans
- Upgrading incident management: new detection systems, ghost drivers