MedTIS - MEDITERRANEAN CORRIDOR DEPLOYING TRAVELLER INFORMATION SERVICES
MedTIS is a deployment project with objective to implement Road Safety Solutions, Traffic Management Services and Traveller Information Services on the TEN-T Mediterranean Corridor. MedTIS takes onboard TEN-T priorities and EC policy objectives to deliver high-level Travel Time Services and enhanced Traveller Information services including road user awareness to European travellers.
Along a 8.000 km Corridor MedTIS Action involves 4 Member States from the European Union: France, Italy, Spain and Portugal. 27 road operators from these 4 countries are in charge of the onsite deployments of services and systems.
MedTIS supports the following objectives:
- Improving the interoperability, continuity and seamless mobility in the EU, with a particular attention to cross border sections -on which deployment activities will enable the enforcement of cross-border Traffic Management Plans- and urban-interurban interfaces;
- Improving road safety on strategic sections (i.e. tunnels) including cross-border interfaces
- Improving the harmonisation of services across Europe from an end user perspective;
- Improving the operational excellence and cost-efficiency from a road operator / traffic manager perspective;
- Better integrate the increasing traffic to maintain a high-level network efficiency, especially on bottlenecks and cross-border sections;
- Maintain the high level of safety on the considered network regarding the traffic increase (namely Heavy Good Vehicle).